Stroke is often reason of paralysis of the half of the body, called hemiplegia. It usually causes myoparesis of that part of human body. Hemiplegia is a serious disease that is the result of the corticospinal tract of the brain damage. Paresis involves the opposite part of the body than the brain damage. It is strongly connected with the fact that the corticospinal tracts of the brain are crossed, they run from one hemisphere to the other. That is why, the damage of the left hemisphere results in the paralysis of the right side muscles.
Hemiplegia manifests itself with muscle weakness of the one part of human body but the specific syndromes may differ among different patients. The most frequent syndromes of hemiplegia are as follow:
- problems with gait,
- problems with balance,
- problems with gripping some things,
- increased muscled rigidity,
- muscle spasm, etc.
The symptoms of cerebral stroke depend on the part of the brain that was damaged. They usually appear without any warning. A person smiles, talks to someone, does everyday activities and suddenly clasps hands to the head or loses balance. Sometimes it finishes with a fall or a person speaks in a weird way (slur) or even complains about blurring of vision. Such symptoms should not be ignored.
The second reason of upper limb paresis can be brachial plexus injury. The brachial plexus is a network of nerves that controls of shoulder, arm, hand and fingers. In case of car accidents, falls or sport injuries the head and neck trauma can occur. It causes the nerves rapture and stops the conduction of electric impulses. The most dangerous sports are wrestling, rugby, American football, boxing, skiing, diving, hang-gliding or football. Symptoms of brachial plexus injury are weakness of upper limb, lack of muscle control and anaesthesia of arm and hand.
Excellent solution for such condition is our new neuro brace MASTER-03. The brace:
- corrects forearm, arm and shoulder joint position,
- stabilizes of shoulder joint,
- reliefs the pain,
- prevents from shoulder joint, muscles, tendons and nerves damages,
- provides the correct position.
Neuro brace MASTER-03 is available in 2 types, depending on the part that is damaged:
- Erb-Duchenne palsy – applies to C5 and c6 level (affects 60% of patients) – it is the damage of upper part of brachial plexus that is responsible for shoulder and elbow movement. In this case you may use MASTER-03 with the short arm band.
- Klumpke-Dejerine paralysis – the damage of C8-Th1 – (appears less often – and applies 5% of patients). It is the lower part of brachial plexus damage that is responsible for wrist and palm movement. It is also a frequent situation when Klumpke-Dejerine paralysis appears together with Horner Syndrome. In this case you may use MASTER-03 with the long forearm and arm band.
- Erb palsy and Klumpke-Dejerine paralysis – the damage of the whole brachial plexus on the level of C5-Th1. Statistically, this damage is the most serious one and the prognosis are poor, especially when a patient wants his palm to be fully recovered. In this type of disease, the arm as well as hand are significantly shorten. In this case you may use MASTER-03 with the long forearm and arm band.
Our neuro brace is made of airy and friendly for skin material. It repositions of head of the humerus and relieves the pain. It stabilises the shoulder and improves body posture.
The shoulder brace MASTER-03 consists of:
- humeral element equipped with open arm sleeve and the universal belt with a special armpit pelotte. Additionally, this element was equipped with the system that helps to regulate the adduction and the abduction of the shoulder. Moreover, to the device there were mounted special rotating fastenings.
- arm band equipped with the silicone system that prevents from slipping the brace off and universal Velcro tapes,
- long forearm and arm band equipped with the silicone system that prevents from slipping the brace off and universal Velcro tapes.
The brace covers a big part of shoulder what improves the sense of the relative position of neighboring parts of the body, called proprioception. This sense is often weak in case of paralysis. Our neuro brace helps patient to feel the upper limb what has a positive effect on physical therapy.
REMEMBER: The sooner you start physical therapy based on motor patterns (what neuro shoulder MASTER-03 provides), the bigger chance for fast recovery!
- pain relief
- targeted rehabilitation
AirDistance II is an innovative technological fabric. It’s 3-layered lamination, made of 3 parts: durable and self-gripping and polyamide layer, off-loading EVA foam and polyamide 3D spacer material. External part is used to attach hard components. EVA foam off-loads these splints and internal 3D spacer layer provides high air permeability and minimal water and moisture absorption. Waterproof material.
- paralysis of the half of the body (hemiplegia)
- brachial plexus injury
- shoulder, neck or head injury (e.g. head of the humerus dislocation)