LOWER LIMB BRACE WITH SPLINTS 3
The brace is equipped with anatomically shaped ring stabilizing the knee cap and triple-axis lateral splints with gear rack without adjustment of extension and flexion angle. Made of ActivPren fabric. Thanks to the Air Supply System and perforation of the soft part of the support assured is better breathing of the skin and drainage of the humidity outside the support. Prefect length for tall patients and people actively doing sports. Provides stabilization to the knee and knee cap, releases stress from muscles and knee cap-thigh joint.
Stabilizes the knee joint, stabilizes and releases stress form patellofemoral joint. Maintenance of stable temperature and elastic pressure results in reduction of swelling and pain, helps in healing of post-injury effusions and hematoma. Optimal length for tall or overweight patients. Conditions of use must be stated by the doctor.
Purpose of use
- in advanced degenerative changes and/or instability of the joint due to injury or illness in case of patents not agreeing or not qualified for surgery
- in rehabilitation after surgery of the knee due to injury or illness
- in atony of lower limbs, during upright standing and learning to walk
- In case of coexisting varicose vein, previous inflammation of veins, swelling of legs – use of the brace is possible only on specifically selected varicose veins knee-height socks or stockings with II* pressure
- In case of skin changes in place where the brace touches the skin (abrasions, injuries, skin eczema) it is necessary to contact your doctor. The use of the brace is possible after a dressing is applied.
- The correctness of the use of the brace should be especially controlled in case of children, patients with memory failure and abalienated
Splints  – tripple-axis polycentric splints equipped with gear rack mechanism which copies the anatomic movement of the knee joint. Such splints are used in long knee joint braces, in cases where very high lateral stabilization of the jont is required. They are made of high quality aluminum alloy, with durable sanded cover, which protects the splint from influance of sweat and salt. Standard length of the splint is 380mm. Splints are equipped with specially shaped neoprene cover to protect the gear rack mechanism and prevent potential injury.
Information for patients
- Only properly selected, fitted and used according to doctor’s instruction brace fulfils its function – incorrect use may cause increase of problems with the joint, skin abrasion, problems with walking, swelling, vein inflammation
- The brace is designed for walking- in case of longer sitting it is necessary to remove it;
- Long term use of the brace may lead to decline of thigh muscles – it is advised to do regular exercise to strengthen the thigh muscles;
- In case of swelling of thigh of foot it is necessary to contact the doctor- usually the use of the varicose vain stockings is necessary;
- No kind of cream, poultice, ointments etc should be used before the application of the brace.
- Wrong maintenance of the product (insufficient washing and rinsing) may lead to skin abrasion, rushes, allergic reactions connected with excessive sweating and development of bacteria.
- Wash by hands in warm water with soap in temperature of 30°
- Do not mould.
- Do not chlorinate.
- Dry away from sources of warmth.
Before washing disassemble side splint!