upper PA-Velour, hygienic terrycloth lining, velcro fastenings, removable insole with COOL-MAX covering, fixed with velcro dots
There are many reasons why feet have to be bandaged, wrapped or therapeutically treated:
Reasons may be tourniquets against edema, ointment bandages to prevent infection or inflammation or wound care dressings. Another reason may be that because of an illness feet are severely deformed or badly swollen so that normal shoes do not fit any more.
Our therapy shoes provide ample room for the foot, at the same time offering extra support. While the choice of material is dependent on the kind of illness or the medical indication, shape and functionality strictly comply with the patient's motoric capabilities.
It is our stated aim to support the healing process and prevent wounds.
Since our therapy shoes put hardly any pressure on the foot and are extremely flexible and adjustable, they help to ease the pain and enhance mobility. That way mobility is retained or regained faster after surgery and stationary phase.
By the way: As far as hygienic aspects are concerned, we would like to point out that shoes with an upper material like Velcro velours, microvelours or mesh and a terrycloth lining are washable at 30°C: These articles have separately been marked (wash care label). Varomed® shoes whose upper is made from synthetic leather or with a pure new wool lining are not supposed to be washed. Nonetheless, they can be cleaned with a moist cloth or a brush using tepid water and mild soap.
When is it beneficial to wear a Varomed® therapy shoe?
• when wearing bandages and wrappings as a result of injuries, wounds, swellings, skin irritation and/or inflammation
• deformation and malposition of toes as a result of rheumatism, arthrosis and other degenerative diseases
• post-op, after adjustment of foot and/or toe malposition
• pressure-sensitive and sensitive feet
Advantages offered by a Varomed® therapy shoe:
• sufficient volume for wound dressings and beddings
• adjustable to either foot swelling or the reduction of swelling
• adjustable, high quality hook and loop fastener straps allow for a variety of width and a perfect hold
• large opening patches and a wide detachable tongue make the shoe a snap to slip on and off, even with impaired mobility