Knee brace a professional first class, medical product improving efficiency of walk, used in rehabilitation after damage of the knee joint. It is made of innovative ACTIV PREN fabric. Thanks to the use of the AIR SUPPLY SYSTEM (internal perforation of soft part of the brace) the protected joint is well aired and excessive humidity is removed from the skin. The brace is equipped with independent sets of reinforcement belts made of VELCRO tape and double axis polycentric lateral splints with rack work which flection and extention movement is close to the anatomic movement of the joint. Splints are made of high quality aluminum alloy with sand cover without adjustment of angle of flection and extention. Anatomically shaped, flexible ring with antifungal properties, perfectly stabilizing the knee cap.
Purpose of use
- in advanced degenerative changes and/or instability due to injury or illness- in case of patients not agreeing or not qualified for surgery,
- after injury of the knee not qualified for surgery (sprains with damage to ligaments and muscles)
- In case of coexisting varicose vein of thigh, previous inflammation of veins, swelling of legs – use of the brace is possible only on specifically selected varicose veins knee-height socks or stockings with II* pressure
- In case of skin changes in place where the brace touches the skin (abrasions, injuries, skin eczema) it is necessary to contact your doctor. The use of the brace is possible after a dressing is applied.
- The correctness of the use of the brace should be especially controlled in case of children, patients with memory failure and abalienated.
Splints  – double axis polycentric splints equipped with gear rack mechanism which copies the anatomic movement of the knee joint. Such splints are mainly used in all types of knee joint braces, in cases where lateral stabilization of the jont is required. They are made of high quality aluminum alloy, with durable sanded cover, which protects the splint from influance of sweat and salt. Standard length of the splint is 280mm. Splints are equipped with specially shaped silicone insert to stabilize the splint and additionally release stress from the knee joint.
Information for patients
- Only properly selected, fitted and used brace fulfils its function – incorrect use may cause increase of problems with the joint, skin abrasion, problems with walking, swelling, vein inflammation – instruction regarding use of the support is given by the leading doctor of therapist.
- The brace is designed for walking- in case of longer sitting it is necessary to remove it;
- Long term use of the brace may lead to decline of thigh muscles – it is advised to do regular exercise to strengthen the thigh muscles;
- In case of swelling of shin or foot it is necessary to contact the doctor- usually the use of the varicose vain stockings is necessary;
- No kind of cream, poultice, ointments etc should be used before the application of the brace.
- Wrong maintenance of the product (insufficient washing and rinsing) may lead to skin abrasion, rushes, allergic reactions connected with excessive sweating and development of bacteria.
- Wash by hands in warm water with soap in temperature of 30°
- Do not mould.
- Do not chlorinate.
- Dry away from sources of warmth.